Ask the Experts

When Should I Switch Doctors

“My new primary-care physician told me she doesn’t ‘do’ adult ADHD, and wants me to go off the medication prescribed by my previous doctor. What should I do?”

Find another doctor. If you know any adults who are being treated for ADHD, find out who their doctors are. If you don’t know other ADHDers, ask the members of a support group in your area for physician recommendations. You can find support group directories at CHADD and ADDA.

Related resources