“Virtual Mental Health Providers: How to Get Quality ADHD Care Online” [Video Replay & Podcast #406]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#406), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on June 22, 2022.
New virtual care options emerged in the mental health care sector as more people turned to telehealth and teletherapy during the pandemic. Providers have increasingly embraced these new ways to reach patients, with services that include diagnosing ADHD, dispensing medication, and using cognitive behavioral therapy as part of treatment. But how can telehealth patients know whether they’re getting quality care and treatment for ADHD that is safe and effective? To answer this question, you must first understand what appropriate care for ADHD looks like.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The guidelines that professionals are expected to follow when diagnosing ADHD in adults, including what kind of professional is qualified to make a diagnosis, and what procedures they should use to conduct a proper assessment.
- About conditions that sometimes mimic ADHD and how your provider should work to rule these out.
- Best practices in the treatment of adult ADHD, including pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches, and how to tell if your ADHD is improving with treatment.
- Best practices in the delivery of telehealth, why it can be difficult for a virtual provider to diagnose ADHD, the importance and nuances of a conversation with a provider when assessing ADHD, and the signatures of a high-quality care plan.
- What questions to ask your virtual provider to learn more about the services you might receive and how to advocate for adequate care for your ADHD symptoms.
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Amazon Music; iHeartRADIO.
More on ADHD and Virtual Care:
- Download: Expert Overview of Common ADHD Diagnosis Mistakes
- Read: Teletherapy for ADHD is Simplifying Pandemic Life (and Treatment)
- Read: The Building Blocks of a Good ADHD Diagnosis
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on June 22, 2022, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker:
“Excellent presentation from a capable ADHD clinician.”
“The pace of the presentation was great, and the presenter was engaging. Thank you!”
“This was a great way for me to gather information and inform my treatment options.”
The sponsor of this ADDitude webinar is….
Inflow is the #1 app to help you manage your ADHD. Developed by leading clinicians, Inflow is a science-based self-help program based on the principles of cognitive behavioral therapy. Download now on the App Store and Google Play Store.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.