“2e 101: A Parents’ Guide to Understanding and Supporting Twice-Exceptional Children” [Video Replay & Podcast #320]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#320), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on August 20, 2020.
Twice-exceptional children — those who are gifted and have a learning disability or neurological disorder like ADHD — often struggle with issues related to social-emotional growth and/or regulation. As a result, many of these students battle anxiety, stress, emotional regulation, social anxiety, and executive dysfunction.
This webinar will outline the latest neurological research on the twice-excetional brain and how it affects self-understanding. This presentation is designed to inform and provide practical strategies to help your 2e child and family move from a place of simply surviving to thriving in every environment, including school. Parents will learn that developing social and emotional foundations are critical to the success of every 2e child in any life setting — school, home, or within the community.
- The latest research on typical and atypical brain development
- The facts about atypical brain development and what it looks like in daily life
- The foundations of neurodiversity and its impact on daily living
- Why neurodiversity matters with twice-exceptional children
- How to use the understanding of neurodiversity to inform practical parenting, teaching, and advocacy strategies
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Twice Exceptional Children from Dr. Postma
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on August 20, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Dr. Michael Postma is a teacher, administrator, consultant, speaker, and author dedicated to the holistic development of both gifted and twice-exceptional children through his new company Gifted & Thriving, LLC.
During the last two decades, Dr. Postma has worked in the field of gifted/talented education as both a teacher and administrator in the public and charter school system in Minnesota and North Carolina, and, was the architect of the Minnetonka Navigator Program, a magnet school specifically designed for highly gifted and twice-exceptional students. | See expert’s full bio »
- “Very knowledgeable speaker, I really enjoyed both the personal and professional insights he gave.”
- “I have so much respect and admiration for Dr. Postma. He is my number one resource for anything 2e. Thanks for this webinar!!”
- “Excellent speaker and I like the way the host summarizes and asks the questions from attendees.”
- “Thank you. Very informative for me both as a parent and a teacher of children who are 2e.”
- “Exceptional knowledge, very helpful, illuminating personal examples.”
Play Attention: Enhance brain health and performance. For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been helping children and adults thrive and succeed. Our NASA inspired technology and cognitive exercises improve executive function. Your program includes a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customize your plan along the way. Tell us the areas you want to improve, and we will create a customized neurocognitive training plan to help you achieve those goals. Click Here to Schedule Your FREE Consultation or call 828-676-2240 | www.playattention.com | Mention HS2020 and receive 20% off our Executive Function 101 Course. All activities are designed to enhance this year’s school experience.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.