“It’s About Time: Understanding the Science of Time Management with ADHD” [Video Replay & Podcast #178]
In this webinar, Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., MBA, explains how adults with ADHD can “see” time by externalizing it and “feel” time by building motivation.
Most people with ADHD struggle to manage their time and to do the right things at the right times. Why are procrastination, time blindness, and tardiness such big problems? Researchers have taken a close-up look at the ADHD brain and have uncovered the reasons why it estimates, uses, and values time differently. Here, ADHD expert Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., will take a deeper look at the science of time awareness and time management through an ADHD lens. He will discuss the concepts of time horizon and “temporal discounting” to help you understand why some strategies work better than others. This webinar will teach adults to “see” time by externalizing it and “feel” time by building motivation.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Understand the disconnect between knowing and doing
- See why procrastination is such a common struggle for adults diagnosed with ADHD
- Create strategies to see time more clearly
- Build a work environment that helps you get going earlier on deadlines
- Develop tips and pointers to help you get and stay motivated without waiting until the last minute
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast.
- “I appreciate the practicality of the suggestions and how matter of fact and affirming the speaker was. Thank you!”
- “Excellent! This was extremely useful and helpful to listen to. Thank you.”
- “Finally, I have a real and usable explanation of “Now” vs. “Not Now” time perception. Thank you!”
Related recommended resources:
- Free Download: Better Time Management with ADHD
- Quiz: How Seriously Do You Procrastinate?
- Article: Why Deadlines Pounce and Long-Term Plans Never Happen
- A Get-Things-Done Guide for the Overwhelmed and Overloaded
- eBook: Getting Things Done with Adult ADHD
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., MBA, has given more than 300 presentations and routinely earns excellent reviews for his ability to make complicated information understandable and useful. He is the author of three books: Understand Your Brain, Get More Done; More Attention, Less Deficit; and Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD. His “More Attention, Less Deficit” podcast has more than 100 episodes and has had almost two million downloads. He is a psychologist in private practice in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on March 15, 2017.
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Time Timer: Recommended by ADHD experts, the Time Timer displays the passage of time with a disappearing red disk. This is a powerful tool for visual thinkers of all ages and abilities. www.timetimer.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.