“When Teen Stress Ignites Strong Emotions: Teaching Anger and Frustration Management” [Video Replay & Podcast #342]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#342), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on February 2, 2021.
Parents today are weathering strong and turbulent emotions — their own and those of their adolescents with ADHD. Anger, loneliness, sadness, and frustration are running rampant during the pandemic. We have to learn to manage them, and so do our teens. Disruptions in emotional regulation affect social relationships, which can further complicate and aggravate the situation. Our teens want to manage these feelings, and parents want to help them.
Combining humor and compassion, veteran ADHD coach Brendan Mahan will explore proven strategies for improving emotional management at home. Through collaboration and clear communication, families can work together to bolster executive function skills and navigate this crisis with more understanding and less conflict.
In this webinar, you will learn:
• How ADHD, anxiety, and age affect teen emotions
• Communication skills that address situations causing strong emotions
• Ways to identify dysregulated emotions in our teens
• Strategies for helping our kids manage their emotions
• Methods for regulating parent emotions so they can better help their teens
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Teen Stress
- Is My Child’s Distress Normal? Or Do We Need Help?
- Q: My Teenage Son’s Anger Is Frightening Me — Help!
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on February 2, 2021, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., MS., an internationally recognized ADHD/Executive Function expert, is a highly engaging, sought-after speaker, and the host of the ADHD Essentials Podcast. A former teacher, mental health counselor, and principal, Brendan helps individuals, families, schools, and businesses manage the challenges of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and neurodiversity through an approach that blends education, collaborative problem-solving, and accountability with compassion, humor, a focus on strengths and growth, and his trademark “Wall of Awful™” model. Contact him at brendan@ADHDessentials.com. | See expert’s full bio »
- “Excellent speaker: warm, very human, compassionate, and many good practical suggestions to apply to daily life with teens.”
- “This was amazing and hands down one of the most helpful webinars! I am going to listen several times to process the information and then I MUST apply it. The one thing I especially love as an ADHD parent is the presenter himself has ADHD so he’s not just an “expert” ON ADHD: he is an expert IN ADHD!”
- “Excellent presentation! I’m so glad to hear another professional hold parents accountable!”