Free Webinar Replay: Maximize Learning in the Classroom: What Teachers Should Know About Their Students with ADHD
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand learn strategies for maximizing learning in the classroom with Chris Zeigler Dendy, M.S.
ADHD behaviors in the classroom are sometimes hard for teachers to understand. Children who act out, fail to follow directions, or don’t complete schoolwork seem to do so “on purpose.” Teachers can’t help wondering why is this smart student not following my instructions and finishing his work? It’s easy to assume—incorrectly—that the student is lazy and just doesn’t care.
Many teachers know that the majority of students with ADHD have trouble completing academic assignments and controlling their emotions, but they may not understand why. Teachers may be surprised to learn that roughly half of all students with ADHD fail to read social cues. As a result, they inadvertently alienate their classmates and sometimes their teachers. This webinar will provide teachers the tools they need to understand and guide these students with patience and encouragement.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What makes a child with ADHD tick—or not tick
- Strategies and accommodations to make it easier for students to follow directions and do well academically
- Tips to help students memorize information
- Why a student with may be more emotionally reactive and how it impacts their ability to learn and control their behavior
- Guidance to recognize when a student is upset and might have an emotional blow-up
- Tips for creating an intervention crisis plan to deal with out-of-control emotions
- Strategies to enhance social skills
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
- An opportunity to receive a certificate of attendance
Certificate of Attendance
Attendees who successfully complete a survey after watching this webinar will be eligible to receive a one hour certificate of attendance. ADDitude does not offer CEU credits.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on September 18, 2019.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Chris A. Zeigler Dendy, M.S., is a former educator, school psychologist, and mental health counselor and administrator with over 40 years experience.
Her popular books, many created in collaboration with her son Alex Zeigler, include Teenagers with ADD, ADHD, & Executive Function Deficits, 3rd Ed (120,000+ sold); Teaching Teens with ADD, ADHD, & Executive Function Deficits, 2nd Ed; A Bird’s-Eye View of Life with ADHD & Executive Function Deficit…a 10 years later update. 3rd Ed.; Successfully Launching ADHD Youth into Adulthood, coauthored with Ruth Hughes, Ph.D., which will be published in late 2019. Her videos, also created in collaboration with her son Alex, include Real Life ADHD! The Real Experts on ADHD! and Father to Father: Expert Advice on ADHD! Dendy’s iconic ADHD Iceberg Poster conveys the complexities of ADHD at a simple glance.