“From Crushed to Confident: 10 Ways to Help Your Child Soar in School” [Video Replay & Podcast #190]
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how to boost your child’s confidence at school with Kirk Martin.
Back-to-school time incites anxiety for many children with ADHD or learning disabilities who struggle to meet others’ expectations for paying attention, sitting still, taking tests, following directions, making new friends, doing homework, and more. These students have tried behavior charts — and walked away with crushed spirits and poor self-esteem. So it’s no surprise that the very thought of another school year, may prompt your child to either melt down or shut down. And you feel helpless as a parent. Here’s how to head into this new school year with a game plan that bolsters everyone’s confidence.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Relieve anxiety and get your child to school on time
- Improve focus, attention, and impulse control
- Give your child tools to succeed rather than punishing him for failing
- Stop power struggles over homework time
- Help your child build new friendships in the cafeteria and on the playground
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your email address in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Kirk Martin, the founder of Celebrate Calm, and his son, Casey, both have ADHD. They have given 500,000 parents practical, concrete strategies to stop power struggles, meltdowns, and yelling. It’s critical that we reverse the negative cycle with concrete, positive strategies that build their confidence. You will laugh and learn about new ways to motivate children who don’t respond to consequences. You can reach Kirk at www.CelebrateCalm.com.
- “Very insightful and informative podcast! Kirk is a font of ideas. Thanks so much for lining him up. Much appreciated!”
- “This was a really helpful podcast both as a parent of a kiddo with ADHD and as an educator. Kirk was a really good speaker and very informed on the topic presented. Thanks so much!”
- “This was the most informative podcast on ADHD that I have EVER listened to. I was so impressed with Kirk!”
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on August 22, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.