“S.O.S. (Save Our Summer!) A Parent’s Guide to Daily Routines, Screen Limits & Safe Social Outings” [Video Replay & Podcast #312]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#312), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on July 1, 2020.
As school winds down and warm weather arrives, many families are scrambling to navigate the summer without camps and other planned activities. Once school ends, most kids will have hours of unstructured time with no responsibilities while many parents continue to work from home or return to their jobs in person. Plus, having a child with ADHD comes with additional obstacles. How can you and your family make this transition smoothly and look forward to a sane, stress-free summer? How can you get some much-needed recuperation time, too?
In this webinar, Sharon Saline, Pys.D., offers practical, easy tools for setting up a successful summer. You’ll learn how to create effective summer routines, cope with anxiety about COVID, manage screen time, and arrange safe peer interactions. Learn about:
- How to set up smart daily routines and long-term plans
- How to deal with mental health issues related to COVID-19 (such as feelings of anxiety, hopelessness, and anger)
- How to go with the flow in a world without answers
- How limit screen time without arguments
- How to foster social contact that’s safe and appropriate
- How to solve childcare challenges
- How to take care of ourselves and what self-care really looks like
Dr. Saline is offering a free gift to our ADDitude community at: https://drsharonsaline.com/downloadables/anxiety/
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Safe Summer Activities from Dr. Saline:
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on July 1, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Sharon Saline, Psy.D., a licensed clinical psychologist with more than 30 years’ experience, is a top expert on ADHD, anxiety, learning differences and mental health challenges and their impact on school and family dynamics. Her unique perspective, a sibling of a child who wrestled with untreated ADHD, combined with decades of academic excellence and clinical experience, assists her in guiding families as they navigate from the confusing maze of diagnoses and conflict to successful interventions and connections. Dr. Saline funnels this expertise into her new book, What Your ADHD Child Wishes You Knew: Working Together to Empower Kids for Success in School and Life. Heralded as an invaluable resource, her book is the recipient of two highly-acclaimed awards: Best Book Awards winner by American Book Fest and the Gold Medal from Moms’ Choice Awards. Learn more at www.drsharonsaline.com, www.facebook.com/DrSharonSaline, twitter.com/DrSharonSaline | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “Dr Saline was an excellent speaker and very organized. I appreciate that she gave many and varied suggestions and action items to try out.”
- “Today’s webinar with Sharon Saline was one of the best I’ve attended. Really practical information and advice that I can use right away with my own child and students I teach.”
- “Wonderful presenter with very useful information. Very grateful.”