“How to Leverage Sports Psychology to Benefit ADHD Brains” [Video Replay & Podcast #449]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#449), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on April 5, 2023.
Professional athletes are taught to stay the course during their routine and often grueling training, pouring in every available ounce of energy even when their motivation lags and their bodies hurt. How do they do it? Behavioral strategies of sports psychology help them to focus and prioritize winning. These techniques are also effective for adults with ADHD in their daily lives, and for those who struggle when the newness of a routine or job wears off, resulting in low motivation and poor performance.
Here, Dr. Dawn K. Brown — a double-board certified child & adolescent, adult and sports psychiatrist, and founder of ADHD Wellness Center PLLC and Mental Healthletics PLLC — will explain how to use athletes’ behavioral management strategies to overcome the daily challenges associated with ADHD.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The Coach’s Playbook: Behavioral strategies to get you back in the game when performance is poor and motivation is low
- Performance Conditioning: Three routines that create the foundation for sustaining focus, managing moods, and completing tasks
- The Essential Meal Plan: Foods and medicine that help optimize the ADHD brain’s performance and productivity
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Amazon Music; iHeartRADIO.
More on Sports Psychology and ADHD
- Download: The ADHD Healthy Habits Handbook
- Read: Olympians, Professional Athletes, and Sports Legends with ADHD
- Read: The Neuroscience of Movement
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on April 5, 2023, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Known as the MD with ADHD, Dr. Dawn was diagnosed with ADHD while completing her child psychiatry fellowship program. She is the owner, CEO, and sole practitioner at ADHD Wellness Center and has two private practice locations in Texas. She also serves as a psychiatrist for four clinics in Texas and Illinois.
In her podcast, From ADHD to Amaze-Ability, and Facebook Live weekly broadcasts, she seeks to de-stigmatize mental illness and dispel myths about the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions.
Dr. Brown earned her doctorate degree and completed her Residency in General/Adult Psychiatry at the Saint Louis University School of Medicine and completed an additional two-year fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Menninger Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
- “Thank you for this presentation today. It is a very relevant, and refreshing, view on how to manage our symptoms.”
- “Speaker’s enthusiasm and clarity were just as important as what she said.”
- “ABSOLUTELY INSPIRING! (Yes, I’m using all caps intentionally because it was amazing!)”
- “Thank you for an excellent presentation. I got some ideas on how to transfer skills I have when training for a marathon to other areas in my life.”
- “Dr. Dawn (Brown) was the re-up in both strategies and energy that I needed today. My takeaway was a reminder that the process sucks but simply accepting it and starting SOMETHING small are how I win. “
The sponsor of this ADDitude webinar is….
Inflow is the #1 app to help you manage your ADHD. Developed by leading clinicians, Inflow is a science-based self-help program based on the principles of cognitive behavioral therapy. Join Inflow today to better understand & manage your ADHD.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.