“Social Emotional Learning for Children with ADHD in Quarantine” [Video Replay & Podcast #324]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#324), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on September 16, 2020.
Social distancing has isolated and stressed all of us, but it has caused children with ADHD to lose valuable opportunities to practice their social skills, and make and keep friends. Many school administrators and teachers are hard at work implementing programs to address Social Emotional Learning (SEL) during distance learning, but parents can also do many things at home to strengthen their kids’ social skills, which leads to not only emotional well-being but also better academic performance.
- How to support a child who doesn’t do well making or keeping friends, or who has high social anxiety
- How to develop social, emotion, behavioral skills for a healthier, happier social life
- Strategies to help children feel and show empathy and establish and maintain positive relationships
- Caregiver strategies to help children be socially and emotionally competent
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your email address in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Social Emotional Learning for Children from Caroline Maguire
- “Q: My Teen Is Suffering Quarantine Fatigue. How Can I Lift the Dark Cloud?”
- “How to Nurture Social Emotional Development in Isolation”
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on September 16, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., ACCG, PCC founded and facilitates a comprehensive SEL training methodology (#ConnectionMatters) for adults, parents, clinicians and academic professionals on how to develop critical social, emotional and behavioral skills, in themselves and in others. Caroline’s book Why Will No One Play With Me? is a playbook that includes foolproof scripts on how to communicate – with anyone, in any situation – and how to ensure the message registers with the recipient – no small task! Through her private practice, publications, lectures and workshops, her mission is to vanquish the devastating effects of feeling different and misunderstood. Please join her on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium, Pinterest and download her free video How to Tell a Tighter Story| See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “Excellent job by the speaker, very hands-on strategies.”
- “Caroline’s upbeat and realistic approach is much appreciated. Thank you for your examples and generosity in sharing tools, strategies, etc.”
- “Excellent topic and speaker, please invite her back again.”
- “I appreciated the information and techniques offered to help children practice and grow their social skills at home in a safe space.”