“Sleep Solutions for the ADHD Brain” [Video Replay & Podcast #308]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#308), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on June 2, 2020.
Research shows that three-quarters of adults and children with ADHD have problems sleeping. Sleep disturbances and disorders are one of the most common comorbidities associated with ADHD. Existing research suggests an overlap between the symptoms and features of ADHD and the neurobehavioral and neurocognitive effects of sleep disorders. ADHD affects the quality of sleep, and poor sleep adversely affects ADHD symptoms — it is a vicious cycle.
- The prevalence of specific sleep problems related to ADHD in children, adolescents, and adults
- Reasons why children with ADHD are poor sleepers and resist sleep
- Methods of assessing sleep problems
- The effects of stimulant and non-stimulant medications on sleep
- Behavioral and environmental strategies to improve sleep in ADHD families
- Strategies for managing stimulant-exacerbated insomnia
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO
Read More on Sleep and ADHD from Dr. Stein:
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on June 2, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may get a free certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Mark Stein, Ph.D., directs the PEARL (Program to Enhance Attention, Regulation, and Learning) Clinic at Seattle Children’s Hospital and is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences, and pediatrics at the University of Washington. Dr. Stein received CHADD’s lifetime achievement award in 2018. An active clinician and researcher, Dr. Stein has studied the impact of ADHD treatment on sleep. | See expert’s full bio »
- “I enjoyed the session for supporting clients in finding solutions for sleeping.”
- “The webinar was very informative. The tips on sleep hygiene were very helpful.”
- “The accessibility of your speakers is really generous – thank you!”
- “Presenter was very informative and realistic! I loved how he responded to questions!”
- “Excellent scientific based information! Thank you!”
Play Attention Virtual Summer Camp! For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been helping children and adults thrive and succeed at school, home, and work. Our NASA inspired technology and cognitive exercises improve executive function and self-regulation. Each program includes a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customize your plan along the way. Call 828-676-2240 or Click here to join our FREE Virtual Summer Camp and take the Brain Boost Challenge! Children and Adult Campers Welcome! | Free Consultation Available
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.