“Mid-Year Motivation Guide: Help Your Child Persist with Hybrid or Online Learning” [Video Replay & Podcast #336]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#336), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on December 9, 2020.
At this point in the school year, many parents and educators are feeling frustrated and thwarted in their efforts to teach responsibility, motivation, and persistence to children with ADHD, learning differences, and mood instability. Hybrid and online learning have challenged how kids attend school, approach learning, and feel about themselves. Disruptions in emotional regulation and social relationships have complicated things further. Children want to do well, but often lack the resources and confidence to do so.
Building upon a strength-based, collaborative approach, veteran psychologist and author Sharon Saline will explain how to recalibrate and use strategies that help students adapt to online education, socially distanced peer relationships, and increased family time. By working together to improve executive functioning skills related to motivation, persistence, task completion, and emotional control, families can create solutions to daily challenges with more cooperation and less conflict. Listen and learn from Dr. Sharon Saline, Psy.D., about:
- Improve interventions to promote academic success in remote, in-person, and hybrid learning environments
- Increase motivation, goal-directed persistence, time management, and organizational skills
- Identify potential mental health issues related to the altered social and academic landscapes
- Create more effective daily routines to reduce stress and manage household chores
- Foster parent-child connections with effective communication and compassionate connection
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on School Motivation from Dr. Saline
- “Q: Online Schooling Is a Nightmare. How Can I Help My Struggling Teen?”
- “Q: Why Does Fear of Failure Cripple My Teen with ADHD?”
- “Q: My Son Doesn’t Care About Anything! What’s Going On?”
- My Child Has Lost All Motivation! Distance Learning, Round 3
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on December 9, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Sharon Saline, Psy.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist in private practice working primarily with children, adolescents and families for the diagnosis, treatment, and intervention of ADHD, learning disabilities, and mental health issues. She is the author of What Your ADHD Child Wishes You Knew: Working Together to Empower Kids for Success in School and Life. Dr. Saline has extensive experience consulting with schools throughout Western Massachusetts on mental health issues in the classroom, interpreting psychological evaluations and improving teacher/parent communication. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “She was an awesome speaker who seems to understand the struggles we are facing as parents.”
- “I want to make this webinar available to all parents at my school. This was very helpful for both neurodiverse learners and neurotypical learners in remote learning. Thank you.”
- “This was so wonderful and will help me to organize my thoughts when conversing with educators.”
- “Love Sharon Saline – more from her, please! Her info is always valuable, concise and full of depth!”
- “This was by far, one of the best I’ve watched all year! Great insight. I’m familiar with Executive Functioning issues and strategies but this gave me new insight and info.”
Play Attention: Enhance brain health and performance. For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been helping children and adults thrive and succeed. Our NASA inspired technology and cognitive exercises improve executive function. Your program includes a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customize your plan along the way. Tell us the areas you want to improve, and we will create a customized neurocognitive training plan to help you achieve those goals. Click Here to Schedule Your FREE Consultation or call 828-676-2240| www.playattention.com
Use Coupon Code ADDMag1220 to receive $200 off your Play Attention program.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.