Free Webinar Replay: Quaran-Teens with ADHD: Troubleshooting Learning, Motivation, and Organization Problems
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn about managing quaran-teens with ADHD, with Jodi Sleeper-Triplett, BA, MCC, BCC.
NOTE: We experienced some audio issues during the Q&A section of the live webinar due to poor connectivity. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Quaran-teens stuck at home during the pandemic are facing an onslaught of new challenges and expectations, many of which require mature and seamless executive functions, time-management skills, and internal motivation — not realistic or harmonious for most students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), executive functioning challenges, or learning disabilities (LD). Suddenly, they are expected to not only teach themselves new concepts and complete homework religiously, but also resist the technological temptations (video games, TikTok, text messages) and distractions that now surround them at home.
Two or three weeks into their states’ Stay-at-Home orders, parents are hitting the following brick walls with their teens with ADHD:
- A total lack of motivation to do schoolwork, especially when it’s ungraded
- A paralyzing sense of overwhelm by assignment arriving in bulk from many sources all at once
- No physical outlet for energy or the focusing benefits of exercise
- The loss of a reliable daily routine, including regular medication schedule
- No special education supports or opportunities for hands-on learning to cement new concepts
- Constant distractions from siblings, web sites, video games, and more
- The inability to effectively prioritize assignments and manage time without teacher support
- Spiraling anxiety, worry, and stress
- And much more
In this webinar, ADHD coach Jodi Sleeper-Triplett, MCC, SCAC, BCC, will respond to ADDitude readers’ specific questions and problems with equally specific solutions for guiding teens with ADHD through this challenging time. She will help parents understand the root of their kids’ procrastination, defiance, and overwhelm, and recommend practical strategies for addressing these challenges while also maintaining peace at home during the quarantine.
She will answer already-submitted questions during the first half of the webinar, and then take live questions from listeners regarding their quaran-teens with ADHD.
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
- An opportunity to receive a certificate of attendance
Certificate of Attendance
Attendees who successfully complete a survey after watching this webinar will be eligible to receive a one hour certificate of attendance. ADDitude does not offer CEU credits.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on April 2, 2020.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Jodi Sleeper-Triplett, BA, MCC, BCC, is a trainer, mentor, coach, and speaker. She is the author of Empowering Youth with ADHD and contributing author of Becoming Self-Determined: Creating Thoughtful Learners in a Standards-Driven, Admissions-Frenzied Culture. Her company, JST Coaching & Training, provides student and ADHD coach training programs to individuals and educational institutions. Jodi is the recipient of the 2016 CHADD Hall of Fame Award & 2017 ADHD Coaches Organization Founders Award. She is seen by many as the foremost authority on student and ADHD coaching. As president of the Association of Coach Training Organizations, Jodi’s platform focuses on diversity, equity and inclusion in coach training. For more details, visit www.jstcoaching.com.
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.