“How to Build Confidence in Your Child with ADHD” [Video Replay & Podcast #168]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#168), and download the slide presentation for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on October 27, 2016.
Research suggests that, by the age of 10, a child with ADHD will receive 20,000 more negative messages than will her neurotypical peers. Due to attention deficits, impulsivity, and executive function deficits beyond their control, kids with ADHD struggle daily to prove that they measure up to their classmates. Still, they face negative comments and consequences that may crush their self-confidence if not counterbalanced with positive parenting techniques at home.
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Read More on Confidence
- Why Praise Is So Important for Children with ADHD
- 8 Confidence Builders for Kids with ADHD
- The ADHD Parent’s Soul Shine Kit
- eBook: The ADHD Childcare Guide
Meet the Expert Speaker
Kirk Martin, the founder of Celebrate Calm, and his son, Casey, both have ADHD. Together, they have given 500,000 parents practical, concrete strategies to stop power struggles, meltdowns, and yelling. You can reach Kirk at www.CelebrateCalm.com.
- “This was a great podcast! Loved the concrete tools and the spot on descriptions of adult-children interactions in a variety of scenarios. I took a lot away from this hour!! Thank you!!”
- “TRULY the VERY BEST podcast I’ve had the privilege to hear…I’ve listened to many of the years with ADDitude! I am grateful for all you share. “
- “This podcast literally had me in tears! So informative. Thank you!”