Free Webinar Replay: The Teen Years with ADHD: A Practical, Proactive Parent’s Guide
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn the parenting challenges of ADHD in teens with Thomas E. Brown, Ph.D.
Parents of teenagers with ADHD wake up each day to a barrage of motley and persistent challenges that go above and beyond puberty, peer pressure, and budding independence. For families impacted by ADHD, life is further complicated by chronic problems with planning and organization, working memory, emotional intensity, and changing treatment needs. Not to mention the looming “real world.”
In this webinar, you will learn helpful ways to address and resolve the following issues:
- How to work through homework struggles without hovering or giving up
- What to do when your teen refuses to take prescribed ADHD medication
- How to manage extreme and unpredictable teen emotions
- Strategies for dealing with medication “rebound” in late afternoon or evening
- How to ensure your teen knows the rules of the road and drives safely
- What to do if your child tries marijuana or another drug
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on April 12, 2018.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. Thomas E. Brown, is a clinical psychologist who received his Ph.D. from Yale University and is Director of the Brown Clinic for Attention & Related Disorders in Manhattan Beach, California. He specializes in assessment and treatment of high-IQ children, adolescents, and adults with ADD/ADHD and related problems. After serving on the clinical faculty of the Yale Medical School for 20 years, Dr. Brown resigned to relocate to Manhattan Beach, California, where he directs the Brown ADHD Clinic for ADHD and Related Problems in children and adults. He holds an appointment as Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. He is also an elected Fellow of the American Psychological Association. Thomas Brown, Ph.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.