“The ADHD Guide to Productive Parent-Teacher Cooperation” [Video Replay & Podcast #231]
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn the art of effective parent-teacher communication with Cindy Goldrich, Ed.M., ACAC.
When parents and educators work together on behalf of a student, everyone benefits — especially the student. The key for parents: Play the role of supporter and advocate for their child, while not becoming an adversary of the teacher. The last thing you need is a teacher who feels threatened by parental involvement.
Teachers, remember that parents have valuable, insightful, and comprehensive knowledge about their child — and his or her ADHD. You are the expert in the curriculum or subject content; Mom and Dad are the experts in the child. Working together in a spirit of collaboration and cooperation ensures that your child will reach his or her potential — and the new school year will be smooth, calm, and successful.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How parents can help teachers understand their children — academically, socially, and emotionally
- How to foster parent-teacher teamwork and communication
- ADD-friendly school strategies for addressing a child’s symptoms in the classroom
- Best practices for productive parent-teacher meetings
- How to enhance a child’s self-esteem while also supporting school rules, policies, and goals
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on September 20, 2018.
- “Enjoyed the question and answer session. Cindy really gets the amount of work it takes to parent a child with executive functioning concerns.”
- “This was an excellent webinar, excellent takeaways! Thank you!!”
- “Great information as I’m struggling to understand and adjust to my son’s lack of focus. I will continue to learn about ADHD so that I can help my son and myself as much as possible. Thanks so much for your help.”
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Cindy Goldrich, Ed.M., ACAC, is a mental health counselor, certified ADHD coach and teacher trainer. She is the author of 8 Keys for Parenting Children with ADHD, a book recognized for providing parents, educators, and therapists with a practical, easy-to-read guide for addressing challenging kids. She is the creator of the workshop series “Calm and Connected: Parenting Children with ADHD©” designed to teach parents and caregivers how to manage and support their children’s unique needs successfully. Through PTS Coaching, she conducts Professional Development nationwide for Teachers, Mental Health Professionals, and related professionals and trains professionals to become ADHD Parent Coaches. Visit www.PTScoaching.com for more information.
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Esteem Therapeutics has automated the complex process of managing your child’s ADHD condition.
Incorporate Esteem Thrive with your back-to-school strategy. Sign up now for a free trial, no credit card needed — chooseesteem.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.