“The OCD-ADHD Link: What You Should Know When You Have Both” [Video Replay & Podcast #343]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#343), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on February 11, 2021.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a tormenting mental illness that affects approximately 3 million adults and 500,000, children and adolescents. People with OCD who have been also diagnosed with ADHD have their hands full managing both.
ADHD and OCD are both characterized by executive functioning deficits in the areas of organization, prioritization, motivation, decision-making and attention. It is common that when people have both disorders, one of them goes undiagnosed.
This webinar will tap into the latest research literature on this understudied comorbidity. For those with a dual diagnosis, failure to identify and treat either disorder can significantly affect treatment progress for the other. The good news is when a person is properly diagnosed treatments are available that will help you manage symptoms of both disorders.
In this webinar, you will:
- Understand the symptoms of OCD
- Differentiate between OCD and ADHD symptoms
- Understand how either condition can be misdiagnosed as the other
- Learn about common OCD manifestations in people with ADHD
- Identify treatment recommendations for OCD, and when someone has both conditions
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on OCD and ADHD
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on February 11, 2021, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D., is a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Instructor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School. He maintains a private psychotherapy practice in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he specializes in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), executive functioning issues, and issues that face students with learning differences. | See expert’s full bio »
- “The speaker was excellent! I liked having anecdotal examples to bring to life the scientific matter. I only wish that the webinar had been 2 hours instead of 1!”
- “I have really enjoyed the webinars I have attended that were presented by Dr. Olivardia. I appreciate his relatability and humility in addition to his knowledge.”
- “Excellent presentation. I learned so much about OCD. The Speaker was excellent and explained the concepts so effectively!”