Free Webinar Replay: 9 Ways Occupational Therapy Tackles the Symptoms of ADHD
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand learn how occupational therapy can treat ADHD with Cara Koscinski, MOT, OTR/L.
Your child struggles to stay organized, and none of your tried-and-true strategies work. Your child can’t self-monitor or stay on-task during homework, and he does not appreciate your reminders. Your child’s motor coordination is weak, and you feel powerless to help.
If this sounds familiar, you are not alone. Attention disorders can cause children to feel out of sync with the challenges of school, home, and of mastering life skills. These struggles can lead to stress, anxiety, and poor self-esteem.
As a parent, you may be using lots of therapies — coaching, counseling, working with tutors, medication — to manage your child’s symptoms. Occupational therapy should be one of them. OT improves the skills kids need for daily living and gives them the confidence to succeed in life. What’s more, parents can use OT strategies at home to help their children thrive.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- how to break down tasks into manageable steps
- organization strategies you can teach at home
- strategies to self-monitor behavior to keep on task
- sensory interventions to increase focus
- quick tips to address motor coordination difficulties and improve handwriting
- how to implement accommodations that eliminate distractions and enable focus
- how to help a child achieve independence in daily life
- how to use a positive mindset — and words — to help a child take ownership of his or her ADHD
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
*Please note that access to this webinar replay will remain free until July 31, 2018. After that, you will find it in the ADDitude Store.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on January 31, 2018. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Cara Koscinski, MOT, OTR/L is a veteran pediatric occupational therapist and mother to two children with ADD and sensory processing disorder. She specializes in Sensory Processing Disorder, trauma-informed care, ADHD/ADD, learning disorders, behavior, and autism. As a speaker, Cara brings her expertise as a pediatric occupational therapist and mother of two children with autism to parents, caregivers, families, and educators in an easy-to-follow format. She has published six books about special needs topics and occupational therapy, including The Pocket Occupational Therapist for Families of Children With Special Needs. In addition to her books, Ms. Koscinski regularly blogs and creates fun products for those who work with children who have special needs. Cara also speaks regularly in the U.S. and provides OT consultations, and training at The Pocket Occupational Therapist.