“What to Eat, What to Avoid: The ADHD Guide to Food and Nutrition for Children” [Video Replay & Podcast #266]
In this hour long webinar on-demand, learn about the best food and nutrition for the ADHD brain with Sanford Newmark, M.D.
The quality of your child’s food affects how his or her body and ADHD brain work. Strong evidence shows that a well-rounded diet may have a significant effect on the severity of a child’s ADHD symptoms — improving cognition, mood, and behavior. Likewise, research shows that sensitivities to certain foods and food additives can negatively affect a child’s brain. Still others may be lacking a good balance of basic nutrients to optimize attention and focus.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and ADHD. The key is finding the right combination of foods to eat — and avoid — based on your child’s nutrition profile and symptoms.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How balanced and poor nutrition have a powerful effect on ADHD symptoms
- The basic dietary principles for ADHD
- When and how to use elimination diets
- The lowdown on food dyes, gluten sensitivity, and ADHD
- Key nutrients your child might be lacking
- Using certain supplements to fill in nutritional gaps
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on April 2, 2019.
- “I appreciate the open-mindedness of today’s topic as Ive seen dietary adjustments help/hinder my ADHD.”
- “It was nice to have actual examples of what foods are good and what foods are not….it’s hard to just determine carbs or sugars or gluten. Actual examples are extremely helpful. Thank you!”
- “Loved the speaker’s clear and easy to understand manner; it even included many new ideas for me.”
- “Slow pace. Elementary knowledge, but probably good for people to whom this might be new info.”
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Sanford Newmark, M.D., is a clinical professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco, and director of Clinical Services at the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine. He is also the head of the Pediatric Integrative Neurodevelopmental Program at the Osher Center, specializing in the treatment of autism, ADHD, and other developmental or chronic childhood conditions. He also has a long-standing interest and expertise in nutrition and its impact on childhood development and general health. Newmark combines conventional medicine with nutrition, behavior management, and various complementary modalities to improve his patients’ lives.
Sanford Newmark, M.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
Play Attention: Enhance brain health and performance. Play Attention is the most comprehensive neurocognitive training program available designed to strengthen Executive Function and Self-Regulation. But technology by itself is not enough. The mind also grows with good nutrition, exercise, coaching/counseling, mindfulness, behavior shaping, and parent training. These are all components of the Play Attention system. Call 828-676-2240 and learn how we can customize Play Attention for you. | www.playattention.com | Request a Free Professional Consultation
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.