“Conquer Clutter, the ADD Way: 7 Practical Steps to Organizing a Messy House” [Video Replay & Podcast 281]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#281), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on January 9, 2020.
Recently, I asked a group of adults with ADHD to rate their level of clutter on a scale of 1 (tidy house) to 10 (messy house). Almost immediately, one gentleman shouted: “30!”
So it goes with ADHD and disorganization. We excel at engineering piles of paperwork and clumps of miscellaneous items that don’t (yet) have a home. Many of us can overlook the clutter for a while, but eventually, our sense of order overwhelms our sense of disorder and we want to do something about our messy house. This is especially true if we are expecting company and don’t want to toss everything into a junk drawer, junk closet, or junk room.
Whether your disorganization specialty is laundry (do you pick out clean clothes from the dryer, not the closet? ), bedside mountains (are you edged out of bed by all the “stuff” piling up?), or stacks of ______ (fill in the blank with anything you might find there), you’ll find strategies and tricks that will get you back on track to acceptable tidiness. We don’t have time to fold T-shirts into precise sections that stand up nicely inside the drawers (Marie Kondo clearly does not have ADHD).
- Why our ADHD brains are predisposed to disorganization and how it manifests in our world
- The difference between ADHD disorganization and hoarding (and how the two intersect occasionally)
- Why maintaining order is so difficult for folks with ADHD
- Seven steps to restarting your organization process
- How to create an organization system that works for YOU
- ADHD-tested resources that can support your new resolve to get organized and stay organized
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
More on Conquering Clutter
- Shortcuts to a Cleaner, Less Cluttered House
- Self-Test: Is Your Clutter and Disorganization Out of Control?
- How to Get Things Done When You Feel Overwhelmed
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
Click here to watch the webinar through to the end, and then complete a short quiz. You will then receive the certificate by email. NOTE: You must watch this version of the webinar (not the one on YouTube or the podcast player above) if you need a certificate of attendance.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Linda Roggli, PCC, is an ADHD coach, award-winning author and founder of the ADDiva Network for ADHD women 40-and-better. She is an internationally recognized expert in midlife and senior ADHD and works tirelessly to help her clients get organized. She co-created the popular ADHD Women’s Palooza and ADHD Parents’ Palooza, two weeks of online interviews with top ADHD experts ( http://adhdpalooza.com ). She has contributed chapters to several ADHD books and writes for ADDitude magazine. Linda chairs the webinar committee for ADDA and maintains a lively local support group as well as presenting at national and international conferences. She lives in Durham, NC with her slightly OCD husband, one OCD cat and four ADHD Shelties.| See expert’s full bio »
- “This was the best webinar by far. She moved along quickly with great visuals. Kept my attention and inspired me with practical tips that weren’t overwhelming.”
- “If there was something more than 5 star excellent, Linda would get this. Absolutely perfect! Thank you!!”
- “Loved the slides, the comics, presenter’s ability to laugh at the reality of having ADHD!”