“Medication Management: How to Use and Adjust Stimulants Safely” [Video Replay & Podcast #149]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#149), and download the slide presentation for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on June 7, 2016.
A note about this webinar: This webinar is part of a series designed for ADHD clinicians. Although all are welcome to view the replay, non-clinicians may want to notify the professionals with whom they work of this opportunity and share the audio and slide materials.
Most ADHD diagnoses are quickly followed by a prescription for stimulant medication, the widely recognized first-line treatment for ADHD symptoms. Yet many clinicians receive little training in how to use these medications effectively. If a patient has a less than ideal experience when starting medication (troubling side effects, for example), and the clinician doesn’t respond quickly, he or she is unlikely to continue taking it faithfully.
Enter your email address in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
- 10 Things Your Doctor May Not Have Told You About ADHD Medications
- How Does ADHD Medication Work? With Lots of Monitoring
- Is My Insurance Company Required to Cover Specific ADHD Medications?
- eBook: ADHD Medication and Treatment
Meet the Expert Speaker:
William Dodson, M.D., is a board-certified psychiatrist who has specialized in adults with ADHD for the last 22 years. A former faculty member at Georgetown University and University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Dr. Dodson is a Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and member of ADDitude’s Medical Advisory Board. Dr. Dodson is a regular columnist in ADDitude magazine and contributor to ADDitudeMag.com.
- “Thank you! I will watch the recorded session again, lots to get out of this”
- “The seminar was the best to date!! The doctor really knew his stuff and it was great to hear him discuss the differences between generic and brand name and also the advice to not take the medication with ascorbic acid!! Great tips and great presentation!!”
- “OMG. Finally someone describes what I see with my adult ADD patients. No BS! I love it.”