“Relationship Rehab for ADHD Couples Challenged by the Pandemic” [Video Replay & Podcast #310]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#310), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on June 16, 2020.
COVID-related stress and routine disruptions have caused many adults to feel exhausted and hopeless in their ADHD-impacted relationships. Tried-and-true coping strategies for both partners now seem inadequate. Higher stress leads to more severe ADHD symptoms, and routines that used to provide structure have been cast aside. Right now, you may be asking, “Is this person for me?”
Spending so much time together during the pandemic has led to relationship breakdowns: Many spouses feel disappointed that their partner was not there for them in the way they had hoped. So how do you answer those questions as you slowly move away from the stay-at-home to out-and-about? How do you heal your relationship as you move into the next phase of your lives together?
- How to identify and codify the stress you feel
- Ways to create emotional space to re-energize
- How to balance staying safe and supporting the need many feel to explore and be out in the world
- Strategies for managing hopelessness and despair
- How to discuss the next stage of your relationship
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD and Marriage from Melisssa Orlov
- “Cooped Up with ADHD? Relationship Advice for Couples Strained by Social Distancing”
- “Sick of Arguing? It Might Be Time For a Smarter Compromise”
- “What I Wish My Partner Knew About My ADHD / ADD”
- “For Men With ADHD — and Those Who Love Them”
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on June 16, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speakers:
Melissa Orlov is a marriage consultant, specializing in helping ADHD-affected couples rebalance their relationships. She is a cum laude graduate of Harvard College and the author of the award-winning books: The ADHD Effect on Marriage and The Couple’s Guide to Thriving with ADHD. She blogs for adhdmarriage.com and Psychology Today and has been interviewed by The New York Times, CNN, Today, US News and World Report, and CBS, among many others. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “This was so helpful and informative. I’d like to see another webinar that expands on this.”
- “Melissa is just brilliant. I will listen to her every chance I get and wish she was my couples therapist.”
- “This speaker was excellent: very knowledgeable with very helpful practical information! Thank you!”
- ” This was a really interesting talk, and the presenter had some wonderful strategies to help both the ADHDer and non-ADHDer in relationships. Awesome webinar!”
- “Excellent topic, skillfully delivered. Please have more from this presenter!”