“ADHD Life: Reassessing Goals and Priorities After a Pandemic” [Video Replay & Podcast #303]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#303), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on April 30, 2020.
Wasn’t life challenging enough already? Didn’t folks struggle inordinately to get things done, arrive on time, and organize our lives? Didn’t ADHD all by itself make folks more than enough anxious or depressed — not knowing if you planned well enough, got all the details, or were going to be able to finish a task on time? Now with a global pandemic and quarantine added to the mix, ‘normal’ can at times seem like just a figment of our imaginations.
Could it be that this ‘Global Pause’ actually affords all of us the rare opportunity to redefine what we would like our new “normal” to look like? To evaluate what’s really important in life? To learn new strategies to guide us toward happiness after the pandemic?
- Take Aways. Lessons learned from this “clearing the deck” exercise. As all the business of our lives has grinded to a halt, it’s a great time to evaluate what you actually want to put back into your life as things get started back. What actually brings you and your family joy? What is actually beneficial for you? What might you now want to let go of?
- Learn the cognitive behavioral technique to help you develop a healthy frame of mind for managing stress and becoming successful in this new environment.
- Resetting to this new normal. Learn how to take stock by assessing your current baseline — successes and areas in which you desire improvement. Checklists and graphs that may help.
- Developing a resilience mindset. Learn how to make specific behavioral changes that can help you better weather this situation, as well as others in the future. Learn the importance of being kinder and gentler to both yourself and others. Humor and connection may help.
- Strategies, structures and supports. Learn ways to set up new processes to deal your ever changing world. Developing structure in your day, shopping, communicating, playing, being productive and keeping you and your family safe.
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Adult ADHD after Quarantine from Dr. Novotni
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on April 30, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may get a certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Michele Novotni, Ph.D., is an internationally recognized expert in the field of ADHD. She is the former president and CEO of the national Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA), an inspiring speaker, best selling author, psychologist, coach and parent of a young adult with AD/HD. She is the author of Adult AD/HD and What Does Everybody Else Know That I Don’t?. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “I appreciate Dr. Novotni’s expertise and calm manner.”
- “Excellent speaker…very personable, knowledgeable, humorous and down-to-earth. I love her style and would love her to do more webinars!”
- “Dr. Novotni was so personable. All her feedback was practical and helpful.”
- “Thank you! There was so much on here that I needed to hear right now!”
- “This speaker was extremely prepared and had great real life examples and generously shared her own strategies. Impressive and many thanks to her.”