“A Parent’s Guide for Managing Language Processing Disorder” [Video Replay & Podcast #340]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#340), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on January 26, 2021.
The speed at which a child completes tasks, their facility with language, and their ability to pay attention – these all influence their everyday ability to function. Children develop these abilities as they mature, but those with language processing disorder can show weaknesses in all three areas over time. This affects their ability to do schoolwork, communicate socially, and get things done.
Understanding these deficits, and the way they influence each other, is the first step in managing them. The next step is to accept, accommodate, and advocate for your child. Armed with the right strategies, parents can ameliorate and improve processing, language, and attention differences.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How language and processing speed overlap with attention
- The co-occurrence of learning disabilities and ADHD — and their effect on language
- The effect of slow processing speed on social communication and social skills
- How to find professionals who can help your child manage these challenges
- How to support children with slow processing speed at home and at school
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Language Processing Disorder
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on January 26, 2021, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Ellen Braaten, Ph.D., is the executive director of the Learning and Emotional Assessment Program (LEAP) at Massachusetts General Hospital, and an associate professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School. Her most recent book for parents is Bright Kids Who Can’t Keep Up. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “As an adult with ADHD and parent of a child with ADHD and a SLP, I thought Ellen Braaten was wonderful. This was pitched at a good level for most to understand and I gained some valuable insights and ideas. Thank you!”
- “I LOVED this webinar – she gave great information about language processing, who to go to for help, and how speech paths and psychs often work together to help children.”
- “Excellent presenter. She knew her stuff, as others do, but she engaged the audience and made a difficult subject relatable.”
Play Attention: Play Attention will customize your program to improve processing speed and all other cognitive skills that lay the foundation for strong executive function. For over 25 years Play Attention has been helping children and adults thrive and succeed. Our NASA inspired technology and cognitive exercises improve executive function and self-regulation. Each program includes a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customize your plan along the way. Click Here to Schedule Your FREE Consultation or call 828-676-2240 | www.playattention.com
Use Coupon Code ADDMag0121 to receive $200 off your Play Attention program.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.