“Time for Bed! Sleep Solutions for the ADHD Brain” [Video Replay & Podcast #262]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#262), and download the slide presentation for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on September 25, 2019.
People with attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) often struggle with sleep — whether it is difficulty falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, problems waking up, or issues staying awake during the day. Serious sleep disorders are common in children and adults with ADHD. The reasons for these sleep challenges are many, everything from circadian rhythm and neurological abnormalities to engaging in common ADHD behaviors like overstimulating activities late at night.
Studies show that poor or insufficient sleep exacerbates ADHD symptoms. Assessing your sleep status and developing ADHD-friendly interventions for sleep problems and disorders are essential. We will use the latest research to shed light on the unique challenges of the ADHD brain and the critical importance of sleep to healthy brain development in children and teens. You will learn how other ADHD patients struggled and overcame sleep disorders, and hear about the speaker’s own experience with sleep apnea.
- How to identify the various sleeps problems and disorders associated with ADHD
- Understand the biological, psychological, and behavioral factors that contribute to sleep challenges in those with ADHD
- The link between poor sleep and ADHD symptoms
- ADHD-friendly strategies and interventions for resolving sleep problems
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
More on Sleep Solutions
- Free Download: Better Than Counting Sheep! Your Free Guide to Sleeping Better
- Wired, Tired, & Sleep Deprived
- Your ADHD Brain Needs More Sleep — How to Get It
- End the ‘I Can’t Sleep’ Cycle of Exhaustion
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. Roberto Olivardia is a clinical psychologist and lecturer in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He maintains a private psychotherapy practice in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he specializes in the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and Eating Disorders. He has spoken on numerous webinars and presents at many talks and conferences around the country. He currently serves on the Scientific Advisory Board for ADDitude, as well as the Professional Advisory Boards for Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD), the Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA) and the National Association for Males with Eating Disorders. He is also a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.| See expert’s full bio »
- “Detailed, thorough, and lively presentation.”
- “The Dr. gave an informative and clear presentation; covered a lot of ground!”
- “Such an empathetic presentation. Thank you!”
- “Bring him back as often as you can! I learned more from him in one hour than I was taught in a lifetime. Thank you!”
Play Attention: Enhance brain health, performance, and mindfulness. Play Attention is the leading neurocognitive training program designed to strengthen Executive Function and Self-Regulation. The comprehensive Play Attention system includes NASA inspired technology, mindfulness training, cognitive training, behavior shaping, parent coaching, and much more. Call 828-676-2240 or click here to schedule a free professional consultation and ADHD assessment.| www.playattention.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.