Live Webinar on August 6: The Gift of Grit: Helping Children with ADHD Overcome Failure, Fear, and Disappointment
Register below for this free expert webinar to learn how to help an ADHD child with low self esteem, on Tuesday, August 6, at 1 pm ET.
Sign up and you will receive the free webinar replay link after 8/6 as well!
Not available August 6? Don’t worry. Register now and we’ll send you the replay link to watch at your convenience.
Children with ADHD struggle and fail more often than their peers. They have trouble starting and finishing tasks, homework is often a battle, and sometimes it seems their chores will never get done. These repeated challenges lead to guilt, shame, and anxiety.
As parents, we often struggle to understand and talk about this part of attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD). That’s where The Wall of Awful comes in. It is a tool that helps us visualize and understand the effect that repeated failure has on our kids and ourselves. Once we understand it, we can more easily talk about — and overcome the shame, disappointments, and anxiety that are often associated with ADHD.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- The Wall of Awful — what it is and how it keeps our kids from initiating tasks and taking risks
- How to better understand the emotional impact of repeated failure and how it affects both kids and adults
- How to talk with your kids and loved ones about the emotional impact of repeated failure
- Five ways people try to get past the emotional barrier created by failure—and which ones work best
- How to help your child change his emotional state so he can get started more easily
- How to limit the role of guilt and shame in ADHD
- How to help your child develop the resiliency, strategies, and grit necessary to find success
Have a question for our expert? There will be an opportunity to post questions for the presenter during the live webinar.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., MS, is the producer and host of the ADHD Essentials Podcast, an internationally recognized ADHD/Executive Function expert, and an engaging, sought-after speaker. He helps individuals, families, schools, and businesses manage the challenges of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder through an approach that blends education, collaborative problem-solving, and accountability with compassion, humor, and a focus on strengths and growth. You can contact him at brendan@ADHDessentials.com.
Play Attention: Enhance brain health and performance. Play Attention is the leading neurocognitive training program designed to strengthen Executive Function and Self-Regulation. The comprehensive Play Attention system includes NASA inspired technology, cognitive training, behavior shaping, parent coaching, and much more. Call 800-788-6786 or click here for our FREE eBooks on Impulse Control, Mindfulness, Executive Function, and more! | www.playattention.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.