Free Webinar Replay: Stress-Free Homework: Tips, Tools, and Solutions to Lower the Household Stress Level
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how to solve homework problems with Ann Dolin, M.Ed.
Many parents, especially those with children with ADHD, say homework is one of the biggest sources of family frustration, resentment, and stress during the school year.
Fortunately, there are strategies to help the majority of families master the homework struggle. This webinar will present proven research-supported strategies to turn a “smart but scattered” student into an “organized and empowered” one.
This webinar will address:
- how to have a conversation with your child and communicate instead of “telling” him or her what to do
- key questions to ask that will end power struggles during homework time
- word-for-word conversation scripts that will help you collaborate and reason with your child
- three organization “quick fixes” to implement so that your child spends more time working, and less time “searching”
- practical ways to tame procrastination and help your child focus and finish
- the timers, tasks, and apps that are most effective in helping your child get started and finish homework
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Ann Dolin M.Ed., has more than 20 years of teaching, tutoring, and consulting experience. In 1998 she founded Educational Connections, a tutoring company that has grown to employ 200 tutors and has worked with over 8,000 students in the Washington, D.C. area. Her first book, Homework Made Simple, won the Publishers Association 2011 Parenting Book of the Year Award. For more information, visit Ann’s website at www.anndolin.com.
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on August 29, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Time Timer: Recommended by ADHD experts, the Time Timer displays the passage of time with a disappearing colored disk. This is a powerful tool for visual thinkers of all ages and abilities. For more information, visit www.timetimer.com.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.