“Healthy Habits for ADHD Brains: Everyday Activities That Unlock a Longer, Healthier Life” [Video Replay & Podcast #297]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#297), and download the slide presentation for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on April 9, 2020.
NOTE: This webinar was originally scheduled for May 5, 2020 but was held earlier, on April 9, 2020.
ADHD affects the basics of a healthy lifestyle: getting enough sleep, eating healthily, maintaining an exercise regimen, managing stress, and following through with treatment for other medical conditions. In the short term, sub-optimal lifestyle habits may cause people with poorly managed ADHD to struggle even more with everyday demands. New research also suggests that, in the long-term, poorly managed ADHD decreases life expectancy.
In this webinar, we will talk about how to create a healthier lifestyle that will benefit you today and as you age. Treating your ADHD makes it easier to live a healthier lifestyle, and living a healthier lifestyle makes it easier to manage your ADHD. The trick is getting started.
- How ADHD impacts health-promoting habits
- How those habits impact life expectancy
- The reasons why ADHD makes it harder to diligently follow good habits
- How to create better habits for a healthy lifestyle
- Everyday strategies that will help you stick with health-promoting habits
- How to set reasonable expectations that will keep you motivated
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., has given more than 350 presentations and routinely earns excellent reviews for his ability to make complicated information understandable and useful. He is the author of four books: the soon-to-be-published ADHD After Dark: Better Sex Life, Better Relationship; Understand Your Brain, Get More Done; More Attention, Less Deficit; and Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD. His More Attention, Less Deficit podcast has more than 100 episodes and more than 2 million downloads. He is a psychologist in private practice in West Chester, Pennsylvania, a former board member of CHADD National, and co-chair of the CHADD conference committee. He is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “There was a lot of wonderful information shared today, ones that can be implemented easily during this time.”
- “Wonderful speaker! I hope we can have him back again soon!”
- “Very useful! I like the talk about healthy sleeping habits.”
- “Dr Tuckman’s explanations of complex concepts are always on point! Very eloquent, non-judgmental, always prepared to answer questions of any degree of difficulty!”