CANCELED Due To Technical Difficulties: Reset Your Schedule for School: How to Create a Calmer, Happier, Easier Routine
The following webinar about how to create a smarter family schedule with Caroline Maguire, ACCG, PCC, M.Ed., has been cancelled due to technical difficulties but will be rescheduled at a later date, TBD.
Not available September 3? Don’t worry. Register now and we’ll send you the replay link to watch at your convenience.
Tardy slips, forgotten lunchboxes, last-minute homework scrambles, missed breakfast, and other daily battles make back-to-school season a mixed blessing for many parents of children with ADHD. The transition from a less-structured summer routine to a strict back-to-school groove is rarely smooth, and often results in chaos, emotional blowups, and exhaustion.
Parents, keep in mind that rough mornings are usually tied to executive function weaknesses. A child with ADHD doesn’t have a solid sense of time, is easily distracted, and lacks future thinking — the ability to understand how one’s actions in the present affect his future, negatively or positively. Once a parent understands these challenges, she can work productively to meet them with a smarter family schedule.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to collaborate with your child to problem-solve and create a new morning routine
- How to gain your child’s buy-in on the new back-to-school plan
- Strategies to address sleep problems and nighttime routines
- Techniques to develop lagging executive function skills
- Emotional management strategies to help parents stay calm during the morning “rush hour”
- Strategies to figure out your triggers and your child’s hot buttons that cause conflict
- How to help your child develop “future thinking” and improve his sense of time
Have a question for our expert? There will be an opportunity to post questions for the presenter during the live webinar.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Caroline Maguire, ACCG, PCC, M.Ed., is a personal coach who works with children who struggle socially and the families who support them. She is the founder of a new training curriculum at the ADD Coaching Academy, the only Coach Training program accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF). Her revolutionary coaching program and methodology helps teach executive function skills to children, teenagers, and young adults. She is a former coach for the Hallowell Center in Sudbury, Massachusetts. Her groundbreaking book, Why Will No One Play With Me?, will be in stores in September. You can find her at carolinemaguireauthor.com.