Free Webinar Replay: How to Support (Not Enable) Your Student with ADHD
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how to help your child with ADHD become an independent student with Elaine Taylor-Klaus, PCC, CPCC, and Diane Dempster, M.A.
Is homework hijacking your evenings? Do you dread tests more than your child does? Are you “helping” more than you should? Do you lie awake at night worrying about your child’s success at school? The fine line between supporting your child with ADHD and enabling him or her is a blurred one for most parents, especially when it comes to schoolwork. Knowing when to let your child manage assignments on his own (and risk failure), and when it is appropriate to support him with guidance and assistance is incredibly tough. Here, learn how to transfer responsibility to your child so that she will become an independent student over time.
In this webinar you will learn how to:
- Set reasonable, realistic expectations about school and homework
- Decide when to offer reminders or help with projects, and when to let your child figure it out alone
- Follow the steps for helping your child take control of her homework
- Identify the obstacles preventing your child from asking for the help he needs in school
- Explore your role as a parent in teaching your child to take ownership of her education
- Use three strategies for empowering your child to ask for (and accept) the help he needs
Meet the Expert Speakers:
Elaine Taylor-Klaus, PCC, CPCC, is the co-founder of ImpactADHD®.com and editor of its award-winning blog. Helping parents across the globe stay sane while raising complex children as a writer, parent educator and parenting coach, Elaine is the co-author of Parenting ADHD Now! Easy Intervention Strategies to Empower Kids with ADHD, and the co-creator of the behavior management program, “The Sanity School Course for Parents.”
Diane Dempster is a certified professional coach, speaker, educator, and co-founder of the award-winning resource for parents, ImpactADHD.com. With a Masters from the University of Michigan and coach certification from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC), Diane is the co-author of Parenting ADHD Now! Easy Intervention Strategies to Empower Kids with ADHD, and the co-creator of the behavior management program, “The Sanity School Course for Parents.”
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on September 6, 2017.