“All the Feels: An ADHD Guide to Emotional Dysregulation and Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria” [Video Replay & Podcast #259]
In this hour long webinar on demand, learn about emotional dysregulation and rejection sensitive dysphoria with William Dodson, M.D.
People with ADHD feel emotions more intensely, more frequently, and more suddenly. For many, emotional dysregulation is one of the most challenging core symptoms of ADHD to manage. In fact, one third of adults with ADHD say the inability to manage their emotions is the most impairing aspect of their ADHD, adversely affecting work performance and personal relationships.
Among the biggest emotional challenges facing adults with ADHD is Rejection sensitive dysphoria, an extreme sensitivity to criticism and judgment that seems to exist only in those diagnosed with the disorder. The good news is that certain ADHD medications can relieve RSD for about half of people diagnosed with it.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Why emotional dysregulation is now considered a primary and fundamental feature of ADHD at all stages in the life cycle
- How out-of-control emotions undermine relationships, self-confidence, and a strong sense of self
- Why Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria may be unique to people with ADHD
- How cognitive behavioral techniques and dialectical behavior therapy can manage emotional dysregulation at all ages
- The go-to medications that can prevent emotional impulsivity
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on May 23, 2019.
- “Excellent, excellent, excellent! After attending this webinar, I immediately wanted to listen to the replay!”
- “Dr. Dodson, I cannot thank you enough. The impact of meeting someone who understands, at age 59, is profound. All best wishes.”
- “This was amazing. I feel so affirmed, and inspired to seek treatment. Thank you!”
- “Dr. Dodson is an excellent resource and I’ve learned from every webinar he’s given.”
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. William W. Dodson is a board-certified adult psychiatrist who has specialized in adults with ADHD for the last 25 years. He was named a Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association in recognition of his clinical contributions to the field of ADHD (2012). He was recipient of the Maxwell Schleifer Award for Distinguished Service to Persons with Disabilities (2006). Dr. Dodson has a consultative practice in Greenwood Village, Colorado, and is a member of ADDitude’s ADHD Medical Review Panel.
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
OmegaBrite: OmegaBrite 70/10 MD is a proprietary high concentrate Omega-3 formulation, developed by Dr. Carol Locke while on faculty at Harvard Medical School. Clinically demonstrated to reduce anxiety by 20% in healthy medical students in an NIH funded double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial, and to reduce inflammatory cytokines IL-6 by 14%. Order now exclusively at omegabrite.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.