“Keeping Kids with ADHD in ‘Study Mode’ While Home from School” [Video Replay & Podcast #292]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#292), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on March 19, 2020.
Your child’s school has canceled in-person classes due to the pandemic, and you are worried about an academic freefall and/or a homeschool free-for-all where you end up playing the homework police all day, every day — while also working from home?
- Create simple routines throughout the day to help kids stay focused academically
- Foster independence in their work, so you don’t have to take on the role of ‘homeschool police’
- Set up a schedule for the right time of day and length of time for learning
- Create a balance of learning and free time to increase motivation based on your child’s age
- Encourage the right use of digital devices (just enough and not too much)
- Use the best tools and resources, even if you have no background in teaching
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO
Read More on Academic Home Routines from Ann Dolin
- Stick to the Plan! How to Cement Your Child’s New Home Learning Routines
- Download: Solve Your Child’s Homework Problems
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on March 19, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may get a certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Ann Dolin M.Ed., has more than 25 years of teaching and tutoring experience. A former Fairfax County public school teacher, she founded Educational Connections, a tutoring and test-prep company that has grown to employ 200 tutors and work with more than 10,000 students in the Washington, D.C., area. Her first book, Homework Made Simple, won the Publishers Association 2011 Parent Book of the Year Award. Her new book, Getting Past Procrastination: How to Get Your Kids Organized, Focused, and Motivated… Without Being the Bad Guy, is a go-to guide for parents that cuts to the root of the issue: procrastination isn’t a character flaw; it is behavior that parents and their children can address and improve.| See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “This webinar was just what I needed! Thank you for all of the resources, examples and suggestions!”
- “Ann is informative and current with her recommendations – much appreciated!”
- “I love Ann Dolin’s work and appreciate ADDitude arranging this so quickly! I’m a pro, and I love to share your resources.”
- “Fantastic resource for teachers and parents in this challenging situation. Thank you!”