“A Parent’s Guide to the Best School Options for Students with ADHD and LD” [Video Replay & Podcast #400]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#400), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on May 11, 2022.
Public school, private school, parochial school, charter school, homeschool, or tutors? Students who have ADHD and learning differences often do best when they receive individualized attention and a curriculum that incorporates their interests and strengths. But with limited financial resources and learning options, parents must weigh these and other factors to choose the kind of school that best suits their student with ADHD and/or LD — and helps them to thrive.
Kathy Kuhl, a former teacher, specializes in coaching families with ADHD and learning challenges. She will discuss the pros and cons of various school options, suggest personal factors to consider, and provide practical advice for making decisions that are best for students and their families.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Advantages and disadvantages of public school, private school, homeschool, charter schools, parochial schools, and tutoring services as each relates to a child’s learning differences and behavioral challenges
- How to determine which educational options are best for your child and your family
- What to look for when you explore public, private, homeschool, and other options near you
- How to personalize educational goals for your child, wherever they learn
- How to know if your child will benefit from private tutoring and what parents can do if they cannot afford this option
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Amazon Music; iHeartRADIO.
More on ADHD and School Options
- Download: Education Laws That Protect Students with ADHD and LD
- Read: Schools For ADHD & LD Students — Public, Private, Specialized
- Read: ADDitude Survey — Nearly Two-Third of Students with ADHD End Up Changing Schools
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on May 11, 2022, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Kathy Kuhl speaks across the United States and internationally to help parents customize instruction for their children with ADHD, LD, autism, and/or giftedness. She holds a BA from William and Mary and has completed advanced training from ASDEC in teaching math to students with learning differences. To see her blog or to learn more, visit LearnDifferently.com.
“This webinar was just what I needed right now. Thank you so much for your time and support!”
“Thank you for painting an accurate and positive view of homeschooling as a valid option.”
“The speaker gave a great deal of resources. It was appreciated.”
Landmark College summer programs provide an intentional and supportive community that assists students who learn differently, including high school students, graduating high school seniors, and students enrolled at colleges around the country.
Programs are designed to enable students to identify strengths and learn specific strategies to be successful. Instructors consist of current LC faculty as well as teachers from the surrounding area who are experienced in working with students who learn differently.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.