“Tech to the Rescue: Create a Technology Toolbox for Struggling Students with ADHD and LD” [Video Replay & Podcast #261]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#261), and download the slide presentation for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on October 2, 2019.
Tapping into the right technology can make the difference between success and failure at school for students with attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) and learning disabilities. Assistive Technology (AT) helps students compensate for their disabilities while building on their strengths. Using the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), this webinar will focus on tools and strategies that can help teachers support students with a range of disabilities.
Learn about the most popular and effective technology tools for iPads, Windows, Chromebooks, Mac, Smart Speakers and others. Geared for educators, parents, and clinical professionals, this webinar will explain how to maximize students’ learning through technology and help them become more efficient, confident, and independent in the classroom.
- Which tech tools benefit students with specific learning needs
- How to assemble an Assistive Technology toolkit for your student
- The importance of Universal Design for learning technology platforms and software
- Best tools for supporting students in reading, writing, and math
- The importance of using tools that are “device agnostic” and cloud based
- Knowing when tech tools are helping your student excel
- Develop realistic goals and expectations for using assistive technology
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Assistive Technology for Students
- “18 Assistive Technology Apps and Extensions for Struggling Students“
- 3 Tech Tools to Help Your Child Conquer Essays
- Free Download: Learning Tools That Improve Productivity, Reading and Writing Skills
- Is Education’s Digital Transformation a Game Changer for Students with ADHD?
Meet the Expert Speaker
Brian S. Friedlander, Ph.D., is an associate professor of education at the College of St. Elizabeth in Morristown, NJ, where he coordinates graduate programs in special education and teaches graduate courses in assistive technology. A school psychologist with expertise in the area of assistive technology, Brian has a passion for using all kinds of technology in his professional work.
Friedlander consults to many school districts in the State of New Jersey and has taught thousands of educators how to utilize the tools and methodologies of mind mapping to improve learning in the classroom. He is also a consultant in private practice in the area of assistive technology and maintains an active blog at http://assistivetek.blogspot.com.
He is co-author of Engaging the Resistant Child Through Computers and author of several laminated reference guides, including Assistive Technology: What Every Educator Needs to Know; Instructional Technology for 21st-Century Skills; iPad: Enhancing Learning & Communication for Students with Special Needs, and Autism & the iPad: Strengthening Communication and Behavior. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
- “Dr. Brian Friedlander was a great and knowledgeable expert. Thank you for bringing his expertise to us!”
- “Great practical advice on specific tools for LDs at school.”
- “I hadn’t realized there were so many tools out there. Very keen to explore the use of these through our child’s IEP.”
- “I now have a lot of tools to research and then determine which are appropriate for which of my students; this task will be so worthwhile and I look forward to it. Many thanks.”