“Navigating the Life Stages of ADHD: Key Concerns and Strategies for Diagnosing and Treating Adults with ADHD” [Video Replay & Podcast #323]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#323), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on September 8, 2020.
(Part 3 of a Three-Part Series on Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan)
ADHD in adults is among the most impairing outpatient disorders seen in clinical practice. ADHD is viewed as a disorder of self-regulation and executive functioning. The condition has an adverse affect on family functioning, self-care and independence, education, peer relationships, sexual activities, driving, money management, occupational functioning, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, marriage, and child rearing, among others.
- The findings from the latest studies, and Dr. Barkley’s own research, on the impairments caused by ADHD in adulthood
- Ways to ensure an accurate diagnosis for adult ADHD
- How to identify the detailed risks within each domain of impairment — education, occupational functioning, social functioning, driving, and so on.
- Key recommendations and treatments to address ADHD symptoms in adults
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD and Adulthood from Dr. Barkley
- “ADHD in Adults Looks Different. Most Diagnostic Criteria Ignores This Fact.”
- “How to Be a Workplace Whiz”
- “How ADHD Affects Life Expectancy”
- “ADHD Medications for Adults: ADD Treatment Q&A on Types, Side Effects”
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on September 8, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA. He is board certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP), Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, and Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN, ABPP). Dr. Barkley is a clinical scientist, educator, and practitioner who has published 26 other books, rating scales, and clinical manuals numbering more than 43 editions, and creator of 7 award winning professional videos. He has also published more than 300 scientific articles and book chapters related to the nature, assessment, and treatment of ADHD and related disorders. He is the founder and Editor of the clinical newsletter, The ADHD Report, now in its 28th year of publication. | See expert’s full bio »
- “Very considerate, clear, consistent on his messaging, and you can tell, passionate about his work.”
- “Wonderful, succinct speaker!! Learned more in an hour than MANY hours spent elsewhere!”
- “Very well presented and organized! Excellent delivery of information that is cutting edge.”
- “That was fantastic, Dr Barkley packed so much information into an hour it was astounding.”
- “This was excellent, thank you! A wonderful three part series: as an adult with ADD, a parent of an ADD child and as a MHP, I found this information incredibly helpful and relevant.”