Free Webinar Replay: How to Unleash Your Teen’s Superpowers
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how to help your teen feel comfortable with his or her ADHD traits with Stacey Turis.
Tweens and teens with ADHD today are pioneers, maneuvering through the unexplored terrain and challenges of the digital age. It’s easy to see why our kids begin to believe their self-worth is measured in “Likes,” rather than a strong sense of inner self. And particularly heartbreaking to watch their self-esteem plummet at the same time that ADHD-exacerbated mood disorders, anxiety, and personal expectations spike to unhealthy levels.
The fact is, these amazing young adults need new tools to not only succeed on their exciting journey, while still maintaining an authentic sense of self. When personal growth requires the discomfort and challenge of facing unknowns, we can give the future generation the building blocks and confidence necessary to flip their superhero capes and soar.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- ADHD superpowers and kryptonite — where tweens and teens with ADHD shine and struggle
- Why neurodiversity is a good thing
- How to encourage self-discovery, and help your teen feel comfortable about his or her ADHD traits
- How to help your teen create a healthy inner dialogue that promotes self-awareness, balance, self-correction and advocacy
- How to make healthy lifestyle tweaks, and discover simple techniques to create good habits for a mentally/physically strong brain and body
- Brain-boosting foods, calming techniques, stretching/breathing exercises, and brain organization methods to help your teen unleash his or her superpowers
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Stacey Turis is the author of the best-selling memoir, Here’s to Not Catching Our Hair on Fire: an Absent-Minded Tale of Life with Giftedness and Attention Deficit —Oh Look! A Chicken!, and co-host and producer of Brain Gangster Live and Brain Gangster TV—web-based TV shows on BrainGangster.com, with entertainment and self-help content focused on MINDful Lifestyle Techniques to boost brain health. Stacey is an adult living with ADHD and giftedness who earned her degree in broadcast journalism from Wichita State University. She started a Facebook page called ADHD—Tales of an Absent-Minded Superhero, for wacky folks like herself, which has exploded and led to a quarter of a million superheroes in one spot, all of whom are still exciting enough to keep her on her toes. Stacey lives in California with her husband, two kids, a dog, three cats, and a guinea pig, where she spends her time giving workshops and speaking to those same kinds of wacky people, where she’s not afraid to stop in the middle of a speech and ask “What was I just talking about?”
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on October 5, 2017.