Free Webinar Replay: How ADHD Shapes Your Perceptions, Emotions & Motivation
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn the true—and often overlooked—defining symptoms of ADHD with William Dodson, M.D.
The textbook symptoms of attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) — inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity — are inadequate; they fail to reflect the complexity of the condition, and several of its most prevalent and powerful attributes.
Patients and clinicians who rely on the DSM-V alone tend to overlook these defining features of ADHD:
- an interest-based nervous system
- rejection sensitive dysphoria
- intense emotional responsiveness
Here, leading ADHD expert William Dodson, M.D., explains how these core features affect the daily life of individuals with ADHD, and how they often complicate diagnoses and treatment plans.
This webinar will explain:
- Why many adults with ADD are misdiagnosed with mood disorders
- Why shame is the dominant, or “master,” emotion among adults with ADHD
- Why individuals with ADHD are intensely and uniquely sensitive to being teased or criticized, and to feeling that they’ve failed
- Why individuals with ADHD can’t muster motivation out of thin air; they must be engaged and interested to start and complete a task
- How to use this knowledge to succeed in the neurotypical world
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on December 19, 2017.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
William Dodson, M.D., is a board-certified psychiatrist who has specialized in adults with ADHD for the last 22 years. A former faculty member at Georgetown University and University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Dr. Dodson is a Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and member of ADDitude’s Medical Advisory Board. Dr. Dodson is a regular columnist in ADDitude magazine and contributor to ADDitudeMag.com.
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Play Attention: Play Attention is the most comprehensive program available for both children and adults designed to strengthen Executive Functions and self-regulation. Executive Functions are essential in controlling our ability to reason, emotions and actions. Executive Functions are responsible for success in our everyday lives. Call 800-788-6786 and learn how we can customize Play Attention for you. We even provide you with a personal Executive Function Coach for free unlimited support. www.playattention.com
Play Attention is offering ADDitude webinar participants a $200 discount. Use code ADDWEB.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.