Live Webinar on September 22: ADHD Ages & Stages Part 2: Common Challenges and Practical Strategies for Teens and Young Adults with ADHD
Register below for this free expert webinar to learn about typical challenges and helpful solutions for teens and young adults with ADHD, on Wednesday, September 22 at 1 pm ET.
Sign up and you will receive the free webinar replay link after 9/22 as well!
Not available September 22? Don’t worry. Register now and we’ll send you the replay link to watch at your convenience.
ADHD is a chronic, life-long condition, one that impacts individuals through school years and into their adult lives — often even into retirement. The challenges ADHD presents in one’s life are forever changing. Here ADHD expert Meg Leahy brings her 20+ years of clinical experience to provide understanding and insight into the lifelong ADHD continuum. To Meg, the best strategies are practical, the best therapy or coaching is solution based, and the best way to help clients find the motivation to invest in their treatment is to help them understand how their particular ADHD brain works (or sometimes struggles) in the real world.
In this webinar, Meg offers practical strategies for each of the very different stages of life, from elementary school through adulthood. She will discuss some common challenges during each major life stage, and provide insights, skills, strategies, and resources that deliver results.
Webinar listeners will learn how to:
- Identify how ADHD manifests itself at home, school, work, and in relationships throughout the course of a lifetime
- Determine how self-concept and familial relationships are enhanced through clarification of the challenges ADHD can present in real life.
- Examine the life stages and the impact that ADHD exhibits regularly throughout those stages for individuals with ADHD and their families. The webinar addresses such issues as “What it means to have ADHD, really” or “What ADHD really looks like beyond diagnosis and medication.”
- Discover research-based strategies and resources that provide the building blocks necessary to move forward through each stage
- Understand how and when interventions (medical, therapeutic, coaching) are best applied and most beneficial
Have a question for our expert? There will be an opportunity to post questions for the presenter during the live webinar.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Meg Leahy, MS, NCC, BCC is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) and a Board Certified Coach (BCC) with special certifications in life, leadership, and career coaching. An educator, counselor, coach, author, and mentor for 20+ years, Meg believes in providing the skills, understanding, and resources to help people change their lives. She is the co-author of two editions of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders Throughout the Lifespan (#CommissionsEarned) and has written numerous articles, blogs, and webinars on ADHD and other mental health issues.
Meg worked with college students and adults as a Clinical Associate in the Adult ADHD Treatment and Research Program in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and a mentor in the Macy Undergraduate Leadership Fellows Program at Drexel University. For more information, visit leahylearning.com.
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a commission from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the affiliate links we share.
Certificate of Attendance: For information on how to purchase the certificate of attendance option (cost $10), register for the webinar, then look for instructions in the email you’ll receive one hour after it ends. The certificate of attendance link will also be available here, on the webinar replay page, several hours after the live webinar. ADDitude does not offer CEU credits.
Closed captions available.