“ADHD Ages & Stages Part 2: Common Challenges and Practical Strategies for Teens and Young Adults with ADHD” [Video Replay & Podcast #373]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#373), download the slide presentation, and learn how to get a certificate of attendance for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on September 22, 2021.
Adolescence is marked by dramatic change — physically, emotionally, and socially. These shifts challenge not only teens and young adults, but also the people who love them. An ADHD diagnosis further muddies this tumultuous period.
The dramatic transition to adulthood requires teens to build skills, gain maturity and confidence, and achieve greater independence. New pressures in adolescence can strain executive function, and, in turn, add to the already stressful life of teens and young adults at school, the workplace, and home.
In the second of three webinars, certified counselor and coach Meg Leahy offers practical strategies for supporting adolescents with ADHD. She will discuss some common challenges and provide insights, skills, strategies, and resources that deliver results.
You will learn to:
- Identify how ADHD manifests at home, school, and in relationships during adolescence and young adulthood
- Determine how self-concept and familial relationships are enhanced through clarification of ADHD challenges
- Examine the unique challenges of ADHD during adolescence and symptom impact during this stage for teens and their families
- Discover research-based strategies and resources that provide the building blocks necessary to navigate adolescence successfully and to build healthy self-esteem
- Understand how and when interventions (medical, therapeutic, coaching) should be used for maximum benefit
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Amazon Music; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD in Teens
ADHD Ages & Stages on ADDitude
Access more articles from ADDitude’s 5-part “Ages & Stages” series exploring common ADHD-related challenges through the lifecycle, along with strategies and treatments for each:
- Ages & Stages Part 1: ADHD in Children
- Ages & Stages Part 2: ADHD in Teens
- Ages & Stages Part 3: ADHD in Young Adults
- Ages & Stages Part 4: ADHD in Adults
- Ages & Stages Part 5: ADHD Medication List
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on September 22, 2021, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may purchase a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credits. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Meg Leahy, MS, NCC, BCC is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) and a Board Certified Coach (BCC) with special certifications in life, leadership, and career coaching. An educator, counselor, coach, author, and mentor for 20+ years, Meg believes in providing the skills, understanding, and resources to help people change their lives. She is the co-author of two editions of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders Throughout the Lifespan and has written numerous articles, blogs, and webinars on ADHD and other mental health issues. Meg worked with college students and adults as a Clinical Associate in the Adult ADHD Treatment and Research Program in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and a mentor in the Macy Undergraduate Leadership Fellows Program at Drexel University. For more information, visit leahylearning.com. | See expert’s full bio »
“Thank you for such an informative presentation. It was packed with lots of helpful strategies!”
“My son graduated from college last May and I wish I could have seen this webinar before high school or maybe even middle school. Thank you so much for everything you do to support us as parents and patients!”