Free Webinar Replay: Your ADHD Back-to-School Nutrition and Exercise Plan
Laura J. Stevens, M.S., explains how to improve your child’s diet at school and at home to ease ADHD symptoms.
Many studies suggest that nutrition and exercise have a real, measurable impact on your child’s ability to learn more, behave better, and succeed in school. You know what foods power a healthy brain and body — lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and whole grains — but shoehorning them into a busy schedule and a lunchbox is rarely easy. The supplement-nutrition-exercise plan presented in this webinar is designed with busy family schedules and picky eaters in mind, and it aims to improve eating habits at school and at home.
The webinar will present the facts about:
1. How ADHD-friendly nutrition can improve focus and cognition
2. Which foods to avoid — and healthy alternatives your child will love
3. The most nutritious school-cafeteria lunches
4. The benefits of essential fatty acids, including omega-3s and omega-6s
5. How the right exercise routine sets the stage for learning
6. How food sensitivities impair school success
7. The right vitamin and mineral supplements to optimize learning
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Laura Stevens, M.Sci., has been researching the role of nutrition and food sensitivities in ADHD for more than 25 years since receiving her Master of Science degree from the Department of Nutrition Science at Purdue University. For her findings on children with ADHD and fatty acids, Dr. Stevens received the Dale Alexander International Award for Excellence in Fatty Acid Research. In addition to her research, Stevens has also published over seven books, including Twelve Effective Ways to Help Your ADD/ADHD Child, and a newsletter called Your ADD/ADHD Newsletter.
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on September 8, 2016.
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
OmegaBrite is a 100% Natural Advanced Omega-3 formula delivering high EPA anti-inflammatory benefits for cognitive clarity and positive mood. Formulated over sixteen years ago, OmegaBrite continues to set the gold standard for purity, concentration and scientific efficacy in omega-3s. OmegaBrite is available exclusively at 1-800-383-2030 or omegabrite.com.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.