Free Webinar Replay: How to Transform Your ADHD Into a Strategic Advantage at Work
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand learn how to use ADHD to your advantage at work with Edward Hallowell, M.D., and Peter Shankman.
The ADHD brain is easily and frequently sidelined by workplace obligations, project details, deadlines, job demands, office politics, and difficult bosses. Even entrepreneurs and freelancers with ADHD sometimes describe the workplace as a minefield, ready to blow up at their feet with the slightest step. Thankfully, there are strategies and tactics you can use to tap into your ADHD strengths and excel at the job.
In this webinar, you will learn career-changing tips designed to transform you into a workplace warrior. Takeaways include:
- The most important workplace accommodation
- How to determine whether you are in the wrong job, or just one adjustment away from happiness
- How to work with a boss or coworker you dislike but cannot avoid
- How to deal with being late for work all the time
- How to deal with procrastination when you have deadlines
- How to find a middle ground when you’d rather stick a pencil in your eye than follow orders
- How to communicate a better way of doing something without showing up your boss or coworkers
- How to navigate office politics, even though you hate doing it
- How to put your best foot forward when you don’t believe you have a best foot
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on January 11, 2018. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Meet the Expert Speakers:
Edward (Ned) Hallowell, M.D., is a child and adult psychiatrist, leading authority in the field of ADHD, the host of “Distraction” – a weekly podcast for thriving in this CrazyBusy world, NY Times best-selling author, world-renowned speaker and the founder of The Hallowell Centers in Boston MetroWest, NYC, San Francisco and Seattle. Learn more at www.drhallowell.com.
Peter Shankman, is a spectacular example of what happens when you find the best traits of ADHD and work hard to make them benefit you. Diagnosed at seven years old with “sit down, you’re disrupting the class” disease, Peter wasn’t formally diagnosed with ADHD until his mid-30s. By that time, he’d started and sold two companies, and realized that all the differences that formerly labeled him as a troublemaker were his greatest assets. After Peter sold his third company, (Help a Reporter Out,) he decided to focus on understanding his “faster brain,” and learning exactly what it could do. Out of that, his Faster Than Normal podcast and best-selling book were born. Peter can be found at @petershankman on all of the socials, and at www.shankman.com, as well.