“Anxious? Overwhelmed? Worried? Empowering Strategies for Nurturing Positivity During the COVID Crisis” [Video Replay & Podcast #300]
Access the video replay, listen to the podcast episode (#300), and download the slide presentation for this ADHD Experts webinar originally broadcast on April 20, 2020.
It’s everywhere. The pandemic is seeping into every nook and cranny of our ADHD lives, disrupting our carefully crafted routines. So how are you holding up? In an ongoing ADDitude survey about ADHD and the coronavirus, many adults with ADHD are feeling anxiety and overwhelm like they never have before. They are too unfocused to complete their own work at home, too challenged and tired to help their kids with schoolwork while trying to juggle the basics of life, and too emotionally overwrought to stick to healthy routines.
The good news is we can keep our brains awake and alive with positivity, not gloom and doom. We can maintain our routines or create new ones that work for now. We can take the long view and know that, eventually, this will end. Hope, gratitude, and the best qualities of our ADHD will get us through.
- Why people with ADHD are particularly adept at dealing with crises, like the COVID-19 pandemic
- Why people with ADHD are at particular risk during the pandemic
- How to regulate out-of-control emotions — anger, sadness, fear
- How to short-circuit the default mode network that causes ADHD brains to ruminate about an uncertain future
- How families can seek out the positives and minimize the negatives of these challenging times
- Ways to avoid loneliness and encourage social interaction
- Hallowell’s personal strategies for managing fears about this crisis
Watch the Video Replay
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode directly in your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app:Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD from Dr. Hallowell
- ADHD Needs a Better Name. We Have One.
- Free Webinar Replay: From Shame and Stigma to Pride and Truth: It’s Time to Celebrate ADHD Differences
- When Depression and Anxiety are Really ADHD
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Edward (Ned) Hallowell, M.D., is a child and adult psychiatrist, leading authority in the field of ADHD, the host of “Dr. Hallowell’s Wonderful World of Different” – a weekly podcast for thriving in this CrazyBusy world, NY Times best-selling author, world-renowned speaker and the founder of The Hallowell Centers in Boston MetroWest, NYC, San Francisco and Seattle. Learn more at www.drhallowell.com. Dr. Hallowell does not have any financial affiliations. | See expert’s full bio »
- “Really like this speaker. Very forthright and practical information.”
- “Really enjoy Dr. Hallowell’s down-to-earth and personable style.”
- “Ned is OUTSTANDING!!! He’s always a personal favorite. Keep bringing him back, please!”
- ” I found this webinar to be well thought out, pertinent and relevant, and very informative.”
- “The training was exceptional! I learned a lot. It is easy to focus on negativity during this time, but the presenter offered an entirely different perspective for maintaining positivity. I especially like the ‘Never Worry Alone” concept.'”