“Stand Up for ADHD: How to Support Loved Ones with ADD”
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand learn how to understand and support your loved one with ADHD with Russell A. Barkley Ph.D.
Your spouse is easily distracted and struggles with working memory. Your sibling is impulsive and lacks self-control. Your grown child is forgetful and can’t concentrate at work or school. Your parent exhibits all of these symptoms are more. If this sounds familiar, you understand the challenges inherent in supporting and advocating for a loved one with adult attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD). You also know that your loved one is capable of tremendous things — with a little support and positive reinforcement.
In this webinar, learn practical steps for helping your loved one accept and manage his or her disorder, and pursue unique paths to success. The understanding and support of family friends — combined with effective treatment — can make all the difference in the world for expanding your loved one’s opportunities and for strengthening your relationship.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- how to stand up and support your loved one
- the health risks associated with ADHD
- how to deal with the resentment you may feel toward a loved one with ADHD
- practical ways to help your loved one at home, at work, and in other areas of life
- how to find the best, most effective treatment for your loved one
- effective strategies for working with a loved one who doesn’t want your help
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on January 18, 2018.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., is a clinical professor of psychiatry and pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina and an internationally recognized authority on ADHD in children and adults. Dr. Barkley has published 21 books, rating scales, and clinical manuals numbering 28 editions. For more information, visit www.russellbarkley.org and www.ADHDLectures.com. Russell Barkley, Ph.D., is a member of ADDitude‘s ADHD Medical Review Panel.