Brain Balance Achievement Centers
What is Brian Balance?
Brain Balance Achievement Centers are a network of approximately 100 after-school learning centers that aim to help children with ADHD, high-functioning autism, and sensory processing disorder. The Brain Balance program uses a combination of academic skill building, sensory motor exercises, eye tracking, and nutritional changes.
How does Brain Balance work?
Brain Balance starts with an assessment test to identify individual strengths and weaknesses. It then develops a personalized training program for each child that includes a 3- to 6-month practice schedule and nutritional guidelines. In-center sessions occur 3 times a week, and are one hour in length. Every program includes academic and sensory motor training; the frequency and difficulty of these training sessions are determined by each child’s unique needs.
Who is Brain Balance for?
Brain Balance is designed for children between the ages of 4 and 17 who have been formally diagnosed with ADHD, high-functioning autism spectrum disorder, PDD-NOS, dyslexia, or processing disorders. Brain Balance does not provide diagnoses.
How much does Brain Balance cost?
Parents have reported paying approximately $5,000 for the three-month program. For more information on pricing, call (800) 877-5500.
What studies have been done on Brain Balance?
Two studies have been published on the program’s effectiveness — one in the International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health in 2010, and another in Frontiers in Public Health in 2013. Both studies showed positive results for children with ADHD, but neither study was randomized, placebo-controlled, or double blind.
Where can I learn more about Brain Balance?
Visit www.brainbalancecenters.com/our-program/ to learn more about the program.
Tips for Good Medication and Treatment Reviews
- Post reviews only for medications or treatments you have used or prescribed.
- In your description, mention whether you're reviewing the medication or treatment for a child or for an adult (yourself or another adult), and as a patient or as a medical professional.
- Mention what medical condition you were using the medication or treatment to address.
- Mention the brand, dose, and period of time that you used the medication or treatment.
- Please share your positive and negative experiences with the medication or treatment in detail. Note effectiveness, ease of use, side effects; and compare it with other treatments you have used.
- Do not include any personal information or links in your review.