What is it?
Attend is a homeopathic supplement designed to improve attention, moderate mood, and reduce stress and frustration in children and adults with ADHD. Attend is produced by Vaxa International. It comes in capsule form, and contains more than 70 herbal and vitamin extracts. Its main ingredients are Kali Phosphoricum — also known as potassium phosphate — and Lithium Carbonicum, a homeopathic version of lithium salts. The remainder of the capsule also contains ginkgo, green tea extract, and flax seed powder, and imparts a small amount of caffeine.
How does Attend work?
Attend is a homeopathic remedy, meaning it contains minute amounts of its active ingredients, diluted repeatedly in water and — in the case of Attend — added to capsules. Homeopathy is widely regarded by the medical community as pseudoscience; in 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) issued an official statement warning against the use of homeopathy to treat serious diseases.
Who is Attend for?
Vaxa recommends Attend for adults and children weighing more than 30 pounds.
How much does it cost?
A 60-count bottle costs $42.49. Vaxa recommends taking 2 to 4 capsules daily.
What studies have been done on Attend?
No peer-reviewed studies have been done on Attend. A small “clinical trial,” conducted by Vaxa International in 1997, claims that 80 percent of its 25 subjects improved their attention and focus after just 30 days of taking Attend. The results have not been published for the public as of yet, nor verified by the scientific community.
Where can I learn more?
Visit the manufacturer’s website at vaxa.com/attend.html.
Tips for Good Medication and Treatment Reviews
- Post reviews only for medications or treatments you have used or prescribed.
- In your description, mention whether you're reviewing the medication or treatment for a child or for an adult (yourself or another adult), and as a patient or as a medical professional.
- Mention what medical condition you were using the medication or treatment to address.
- Mention the brand, dose, and period of time that you used the medication or treatment.
- Please share your positive and negative experiences with the medication or treatment in detail. Note effectiveness, ease of use, side effects; and compare it with other treatments you have used.
- Do not include any personal information or links in your review.