“The ADHD’s Not Too Sexy”
I’m struggling with a disorder that gets no sympathy and just doesn’t seem very sexy.
The sister has been suffering from a lot of pain lately. She’s been taking a cocktail of drugs since I can remember to ward off rejection from her two replacement kidneys. The meds have messed up her bones so that, at the very tender age of 25, she might need hip replacement surgery. The pain has been getting worse, and I can’t do a single thing about it much in the same way I can’t beat the ADHD. I find it interesting that we both suffer from disorders; only hers gets more sympathy.
With the coming summer, I’ve been thinking a lot about the upcoming birthday, too. Come December, it is the big “33.” I’d always thought that at 33, I’d have two children, a cat, and a hunk of a husband.
Rather, I continue to try to find a way to turn lemons into lemonade, and to find a job and a man who will appreciate what I can bring to the table. I have yet to tell anyone about the ADHD. Somehow it just doesn’t seem very sexy.
- Free Download: Manage ADHD’s Impact on Your Relationship
- Can an ADHD Diagnosis Save a Relationship?
- ADHD Sex: Are Symptoms, Medications Affecting Your Love Life?
- Grandma on Finding Love: “Do Less, Do Better, Smile More, Worry Less”
- ADHD and Monogamy: How Many Relationships Do ADD Adults and Teens Need?