Ask the Experts

Test for Dyslexia

“Is there a specific test for dyslexia?”

A person can be evaluated for dyslexia by a knowledgeable psychologist, diagnostic specialist or learning disability specialist.

They use a variety of test instruments including The Lindamood Test (for sound and phonetics) The Woodcock Johnson Achievement Battery and the Grey Oral Reading Test. The Woodcock Reading Battery and the Orton Gillingham tests are also among those used to help diagnose Dyslexia. To learn more contact the National Orton Gillingham Association.

Updated on April 21, 2017

Leave a Reply