“Relationships and ADHD” [podcast episode #24]
In ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast episode 24, marriage consultant Melissa Orlov offers relationship-saving advice on communicating clearly and fighting productively, allocating household duties, helping a partner who denies ADHD, and more.
Listen to “Relationships and ADHD” with Melissa Orlov
Click the play button below to listen in your browser. Mobile users can open this episode in: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO
*Slides are not available for this episode
Add ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast to your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Pocket Casts | iHeartRADIO| Stitcher
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how ADHD affects relationships both from the perspective of someone with ADHD and someone in a relationship with an ADHDer, tips to communicate with your ADHD partner, knowing when it’s time to seek professional help, and more with Melissa Orlov.
This episode covers:
- Understanding your partner’s ADHD and how it affects his/her motivation
- How to communicate and fight with your ADHD partner
- Tips on helping your partner when s/he denies ADHD
- Knowing when it’s time to seek professional help
- Strategies to allocate chores based on strengths and weaknesses
- Free Resource: Rein In Intense ADHD Emotions
- 9 Ways ADHD May Strain Relationships
- The ADHD Symptom Test for Women
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on November 15, 2012.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/