“Relationships and ADHD” [podcast episode #24]
In ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast episode 24, marriage consultant Melissa Orlov offers relationship-saving advice on communicating clearly and fighting productively, allocating household duties, helping a partner who denies ADHD, and more.
Listen to “Relationships and ADHD” with Melissa Orlov
*Slides are not available for this episode
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how ADHD affects relationships both from the perspective of someone with ADHD and someone in a relationship with an ADHDer, tips to communicate with your ADHD partner, knowing when it’s time to seek professional help, and more with Melissa Orlov.
This episode covers:
- Understanding your partner’s ADHD and how it affects his/her motivation
- How to communicate and fight with your ADHD partner
- Tips on helping your partner when s/he denies ADHD
- Knowing when it’s time to seek professional help
- Strategies to allocate chores based on strengths and weaknesses
- Free Resource: Rein In Intense ADHD Emotions
- 9 Ways ADHD May Strain Relationships
- The ADHD Symptom Test for Women
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on November 15, 2012.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on June 11, 2021