Secrets of the ADHD Brain
Learn how neuroscience helps to explain our ADHD behaviors, emotions, and strengths. This downloadable eBook includes expert information on:
- How communication between brain regions impacts actions and emotions
- Which out-of-control feelings are really symptoms of ADHD
- How ADHD dramatically impacts executive functions
- The way to succeed with your ADHD brain
- Why motivation can be so elusive
PLEASE NOTE: This eBook is a downloadable PDF, MOBI file for Kindle, and ePub file for iBook; it does not ship.
Full Product Description
Studies of the ADHD brain are fascinating. Thanks to advances in neurological science, plus a slowly diminishing stigma, we now know that ADHD is not a behavior problem, but primarily a disorder of self regulation that originates in the brain. This eBook takes a scientific approach to helping parents, educators, and adults with ADHD to:
- Understand why they struggle to focus on boring tasks
- Explain why organization has nothing to do with willpower
- Recognize what makes them speak or act without stopping to think
- Realize why they crave the stimulation of physical movement
Secrets of the ADHD Brain contains 75 pages of compelling research and scientific revelations about why children and adults with ADHD act and think the way they do. It is a game changer.
FIVE-PART GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE ADHD BRAIN
The Secrets of the ADHD will help you understand the genomic underpinnings of this complex condition. Chapters include:
- Chapter One: The Three Defining Features of Your ADHD Brain
- Chapter Two: The Neurobiology of Your ADHD Brain
- Chapter Three: How the ADHD Brain Shapes Daily Behavior
- Chapter Four: How to Exploit the Strengths of Your ADHD Brain
- Chapter Five: What It Feels Like to Live with an ADHD Brain
PLEASE NOTE: This eBook is a downloadable PDF and ePub file; it does not ship.