INSTANT ACCESS! In this audio webinar and slide presentation of “A Parent’s Guide to Executive Function Skills: Strategies for Tweens and Teens,” Sarah Ward, M.S., CCC/SLP, and Kristen Jacobsen, M.S., CCC/SLP, discuss:
1. How executive function skills impact every aspect of your child’s school and home life
2. Time management: How to prioritize tasks and create productive routines
3. Test preparation: How to study smarter (not harder) by anticipating questions and organizing notes
4. Project management: How to break projects into manageable parts – with deadlines
5. Reading and writing: How to make language skills less intimidating by breaking them down and making use of the best technologies
Meet the experts: Sarah Ward, M.S., CCC/SLP is the co-director at Cognitive Connections LLP and has more than 20 years of experience in diagnostic evaluations, treatment, and case management of children, adolescents and adults with language learning disabilities, nonverbal learning disabilities, ADHD, executive dysfunction, Asperger’s disorders and social pragmatics. Her particular specialty is in the assessment and treatment of executive function deficits. Ms. Ward has presented to and consulted with over 475 public and private schools in Massachusetts and across the United States and has appeared on NPR’s Marketplace.
Kristen Jacobsen, M.S., CCC/SLP is the co-director at the Cognitive Connections LLP where she has co-authored the innovative 360 Thinking approach to facilitate executive functioning skills. Ms. Jacobsen has worked as a speech-language pathologist in public education, private schools, and hospital settings. Before establishing a private practice, she worked with colleagues to create and implement comprehensive group therapy programs for language and cognition at Massachusetts General Hospital. She focused on working with adolescents diagnosed with ADHD and Post-Concussive Syndrome.
is an interactive system that makes mornings, bedtimes, and other challenging times of the day simple for parents, fun for kids, and stress-free for families. Experts know that structure and consistency set kids up for success; Brili makes it easy.
Try Brili now!
ADDitude webinar sponsors have no role in the selection of guest speakers, the speaker’s presentation, or any other aspect of the webinar production.